Elizabeth Anderson Fletcher
Dr. Elizabeth Anderson Fletcher is Associate Professor of Operations Management in the Decision and Information Sciences department in the C. T. Bauer College of Business. She recently returned to faculty after a decade in administration. From 2008 to 2012 she was Associate Vice Chancellor/Vice President for Research at the University of Houston.
She previously served as Bauer's Associate Dean for Administration and Academic Affairs from 2001 to 2008. She earned her Ph.D. in Business Administration in 1992 from the University of Houston in the area of Production and Operations Management. Her research interests have included forecasting, service quality measurement, and health care quality management and she has published in journals such as the International Journal of Forecasting, International Journal of Healthcare Quality Assurance, Production and Inventory Management Journal, the American Journal of Medical Quality, and the Journal of the Operational Research Society. She has taught courses in production and operations management, service operations management, and health care operations at both undergraduate and graduate levels, including Executive MBA and doctoral.
As Associate Dean, she was instrumental in developing and implementing the college's Assurance of Learning and Outcomes Assessment Program, and authored a chapter "Going from Zero to Sixty in Twelve Months: Implementing Assessment at the Bauer College of Business" in the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business' (AACSB) book on assessment, Assessment of Student Learning in Business Schools: Best Practices Each Step of the Way. She is one of three presenters of the AACSB's Applied Assessment Seminar.
Her hobbies include competing in dressage with her Dutch Warmblood mare and serving as a firefighter in her local volunteer fire department.
- Service quality management
- Health care quality management
- Medical errors and patient safety
- Gardner, Everette S. Jr., Anderson-Fletcher, Elizabeth A., and Wicks, Angela M., "Further Results on Focus Forecasting vs. Exponential Smoothing," International Journal of Forecasting, 2001, 17, 287-293.
- Canel, Cem, and Anderson-Fletcher, Elizabeth A., "Analysis of Service Quality at a Student Health Center," International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 2001, 14, 6, 260-267.
- Anderson-Fletcher, Elizabeth A., and Khumawala, Basheer M., "Total Quality Management and Re-engineering: Complimentary, Adversarial, or Evolutionary?," International Journal of Benchmarking for Quality Management and Technology, forthcoming.
- Canel, Cem, Rosen, Drew, and Anderson-Fletcher, Elizabeth A., "Just-in-Time is Not Just for Manufacturing: A Service Perspective," Industrial Management and Data Systems, 2000, 100, 2, 51-60.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Adams, Dennis A., "Assessing the Effectiveness of a Quality Program: Lessons from Employees," Production and Inventory Management Journal, 1997, 38, 4, 1-6.
- Gardner, Everette S., and Anderson, Elizabeth A., "Focus Forecasting Reconsidered," International Journal of Forecasting, 1997, 13, 501-508.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Zwelling, Leonard A., "Strategic Service Quality Management for Health Care," American Journal of Medical Quality, 1996, 11, 1, 3-10.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Zwelling, Leonard A., "Measuring Service Quality in a Cancer Center," International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 1996, 9, 7, 9-22.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Diaz, Joaquin, "Using Process Control Chart Techniques to Analyze Crime Rates in Houston, Texas," Journal of the Operational Research Society, 1996, 47, 871-881.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., "Judgmental and Statistical Methods of Peak Electric Load Management," International Journal of Forecasting, 1995, 11, 2, 295-305.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., "Measuring Service Quality at a University Health Clinic," International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 1995, 8, 2, 32-37.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., "High Tech v. High Touch: A Case Study of TQM Implementation in Higher Education," Managing Service Quality, 1995, 5, 2, 48-56.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Ostrofsky, Benjamin, "Enhancement of the Knowledge Acquisition Process in Designing Expert Systems," The Annals of the Society of Logistic Engineers, 1990, 2, 1, 71-82.
Bauer Faculty & Staff Directory
Find by Program
Find by Department
Find by Office
Find by Type