- Analytical models, experiments and empirical analyses of issues in Sales Management, Product Customization and Product Co-creation
Areas of Expertise
- Sales Management
- Product customization
- Competitive Promotions
- Ying Yang, Niladri Syam and James Hess, "Thrill of Victory and Agony of Defeat: Emotional Rewards and Sales Force Compensation" ",Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 2013, Forthcoming.
- Niladri B. Syam and Amit Pazgal, "Co-Creation with Production Externalities",Marketing Science, 2013, Forthcoming.
- Niladri B. Syam, James Hess and Ying Yang, "Sales Contests versus Quotas with Imbalanced Territories", Marketing Letters, 2012, October.
- Niladri B. Syam, Partha Krishnamurthy, and James Hess "That's What I Thought I Wanted? Models of Miswanting and Regret of Customized Products," Marketing Science, 2008, Vol 27, No. 3, May-June, 379-397.
- Niladri Syam, et al., "Putting One-to-One Marketing to Work: Personalization, Customization and Choice," Marketing Letters, 2008, Vol 19, No 3-4, 305-321.
- Niladri B. Syam and Nanda Kumar "On Customized Goods, Standard Goods, and Competition" Marketing Science, Vol.25, No. 5, 2006, 525-537.
- Niladri B. Syam, Ranran Ruan and James Hess "Customized Products: A Competitive Analysis," Marketing Science, Vol. 24 No. 4, Fall 2005, 569-584.
- Ram C. Rao and Niladri B. Syam "Equilibrium Price Communication and Unadvertised Specials by Competing Supermarkets" Marketing Science, Vol 20, No 1, Winter 2001, pp 61-81.
- Niladri B. Syam and Benedict Dellaert "Consumer-Producer Interaction: A Strategic Analysis of the Market for Customized Products" Review of Marketing Science, Vol 1, Issue 1, August 2001.
Ph.D. in Management Science,
University of Texas at Dallas
M.S. in Operations Research, University of Texas at Dallas
MBA in Foreign Trade, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi, India
M.S. in Applied Mathematics, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
B.S. in Applied Mathematics, University of Delhi, Delhi, India