Room Reservation Procedures
Faculty and staff Mobile Lab request formMobile Lab
Reserve a Classroom
Faculty and staff room request form for classrooms in Melcher & Cemo HallsClassroom Reservations
Faculty and staff Behavioral Labs reservation request formBehavioral Lab Reservations
Faculty and Staff:
Lucy Hernandez and Lori Watley handle reservations for the following spaces:
- AIM Conference Room - 117 Melcher Hall (10 seats around conference table)
- AIM Ticker Lobby - First Floor, Melcher Hall (seating capacity: approx. 50-75)
- Executive Board Room - 302 Melcher Hall (22-24 chairs at the table, 20 perimeter seats)
- CBB Entry Way - 1st floor, CBB Building
- Teleconferencing Room - 316 CBB (seating for 14)
- Teleclassroom - 310 CBB (seating for 40)
- Events Center - 328 CBB (includes 330, reception area) (Max Capacity 167; 100 chairs in classroom area)
- Dean’s Seminar Room #1 - 502 CBB (20 seats around conference table, 10 perimeter seats)
- Dean’s Seminar Room #2 - 506 CBB (20 seats around conference table, 10 perimeter seats)
- Dean’s Seminar Room #3 - 508 CBB (20 seats around conference table, 10 perimeter seats)
- Cemo Hall Lobby - Cemo Hall 1st floor
Request a Reservation
- To request a reservation please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When submitting a request, please provide us with the following information:
- Name of event/meeting title
- Start & end times
- Number of people attending
- Space which you are requesting, if you have a particular request
- Requests will be reviewed and assigned based on availability. A reply e-mail will be sent to you upon review to inform you if your request has been approved. If approved, you will be provided all necessary details with regards to using the space.
- Note: Please read the Guidelines and Responsibilities for Room Reservations.
- To put your event on the Bauer Events page on our web site, you must log in here and submit the event details. Lucy and Lori receive these and add them to the events page within the website.
- Additionally, Lucy/Lori will program the door/s/ for your area to be open during your event. Unless otherwise specified, the doors will be programmed to be open beginning 15 minutes before your event, and will close 15 minutes after your event, based upon the times submitted in your original request. If you need to enter the room earlier for set up, please specify in your original request what time you will need to get into the room to begin set up.
Please complete the Reservation form using this link: http://www.bauer.uh.edu/faculty/documents/EMBA-RM-Reservation-Form3.pdf and e-mail completed form to email@example.com for approval.
For further questions please contact Ramona Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rockwell Career Center books these rooms on the first floor of Cemo Hall: 106 and Interview Overflow rooms.
- Cemo Hall Reservation System: http://reservation.bauer.uh.edu
These general purpose classrooms on the first floor of Cemo Hall: 101, 105, 109, 100D (Cemo Auditorium/Classroom) can be reserved via the links in the General Purpose Classrooms shown below.
General Purpose Classrooms
To reserve general purpose classrooms within Melcher Hall, Cemo Hall, and the CBB Building:
- Faculty and Staff should use this link: https://www.bauer.uh.edu/RoomReservation/
- Student Organizations should use this link: https://www.bauer.uh.edu/StudentOrgRoomReservation/
- Lisa Tillman books these rooms on the first floor of Cemo Hall: 106 and Breakout rooms
- Mary Gould books these general purpose classrooms on the first floor of Cemo Hall: 101, 105, 109, 100D (Cemo Auditorium/Classroom-432 seats) **(please select from above links to request these rooms, as well)
General Purpose Classrooms Across Campus
If you need to reserve a room outside of Bauer, you may contact UC Event Services at 713-743-5287 for assistance.
Samantha Landry is the point of contact for ALL Bauer Student Organizations needing to book meeting or event space. Samantha Landry handles the schedule for the Back Drum of Melcher Hall, as well as for the Student Organization conference rooms which are located on the 5th floor of the CBB Building. Both of these spaces are booked throughout the year with bake sales and other student organization activities. Student Organizations use this link to request rooms: https://www.bauer.uh.edu/StudentOrgRoomReservation/
Non-Bauer Student Organizations can submit a request for space to Lori Watley at email@example.com. These requests will be reviewed individually, case-by-case. When making an inquiry to Lori, please include the following information:
- Name and purpose of event
- Dates & times
- Number of expected attendance
- Other pertinent event details
- Name of departmental chairperson or full-time UH staff member who sponsors the Organization
Otherwise, non-Bauer student organizations should contact the Center for Student Involvement at 832-842-6245 to reserve on campus space for your events. The office is located in room 278 University Center. Or, you may contact the UC Conference and Reservations Office at 832-842-6165 or UC Event Services at 713-743-5287
Cleanup via custodial services for ALL events must be put on a cleaning schedule. This includes evening and weekend events. You will need to contact FIXIT prior to the event at 713-743-4948 to put the event/cleanup on the cleaning schedule. Or you may submit an online request to: https://accessuh.uh.edu/login.php. It is considered a “billable service”.
Parking reservations for the Dean’s four spaces in front of Melcher Hall should be sent to Donna Rickard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors may park in the East Garage or the Welcome Center Garage. As both of these structures are parking garages, a visitor can simply park in the lots and pay the per hour fees associated with the garage. **Validation cards are available for purchase through Parking and Transportation, contact information below.
- PTS (Parking and Transportation Services): 713-743-1097 (main number)
- Welcome Center Parking Desk: 713-743-5839 (room 112B in the Welcome Center)
For any further questions, please contact: Lori Watley at email@example.com or call 713-743-4601
- Hiring Checklist
- General Administrative Issues
- Staff Rewards
- Morale & Training Committee
- Business Continuity Plan
- Room Reservation Procedures
- Links & Resources