Evaluation of Students
Each student will be formally evaluated on an annual basis. This evaluation will encompass the following aspects of the students' performance:
- Performance as a teaching/research assistant
- Attendance at and participation in workshops and conferences
- Progress on the dissertation (if applicable)
Form of the Evaluation
The evaluation will be conducted by the Departmental Ph.D. Committee. After considering all relevant information, including that provided by the chairperson of that candidate's Advisory Committee or Dissertation Committee (whichever is applicable), one of four recommendations will be provided:
- The student's progress is satisfactory in all regards, and the student should be retained in the program.
- The student's progress is unsatisfactory in some regards, and the student should be carefully counseled and monitored to eliminate these deficiencies.
- The student's progress is unsatisfactory and gives cause for serious concern, and the student should be placed on probation with a specified time for correcting the noted deficiencies.
- The student's progress does not warrant continuation in the program and the student should be dismissed from the program.
Copies of the evaluation will be transmitted to the student.
In the event that the recommendation of the Ph.D. Committee is dismissal from the program, the matter will be considered by the chairperson of the Department of Accountancy & Taxation. The action of dismissing a student from doctoral program is the responsibility of the Associate Dean for Academic and Research Programs.