Nisan Langberg joined the Bauer School of Business at the University of Houston after receiving his Ph.D. from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in 2004. Professor Langberg's research interests include Investment, Corporate Governance, Corporate Fraud, Managerial Compensation, Corporate Disclosure, and Security Design. Nisan has taught courses in corporate finance, at undergraduate, MBA, and graduate levels. Professor Langberg's research has been published by the Rand Journal of Economics, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Financial Intermediation, among others.
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Fraud
- Managerial Compensation
- Corporate Disclosure
- Security Design
- Langberg, Nisan and K. Sivaramakrishnan. "Voluntary Disclosures and Information Production by Analysts." Journal of Accounting and Economics (2008).
- Langberg, Nisan. "Optimal Financing for Growth Firms." Journal of Financial Intermediation (2008) Vol. 17, pp. 379-406.
- Kumar, Praveen and Nisan Langberg. "Corporate Fraud and Overinvestment in Efficient Capital Markets." RAND Journal of Economics (2009) Vol. 40(1), pp. 144-172.
- Langberg, Nisan and K. Sivaramakrishnan. "Voluntary Disclosures and Analyst Feedback," Journal of Accounting Research (2010) Vol. 48(3), pp. 603-646.
- Kumar, Praveen, Nisan Langberg, and K. Sivaramakrishnan. "Voluntary Disclosures, Corporate Control, and Investment," Journal of Accounting Research (2012) Vol. 50(4), pp. 1041-1076.
- Kumar, Praveen, Nisan Langberg "Information Manipulation and Rational Investment Booms and Busts," Journal of Monetary Economics (2013) Vol. 60 (4) pp. 408-425.
- Kumar, Praveen, Nisan Langberg, "Optimal Incentive Contracts and Information Cascades," The Review of Corporate Finance Studies (2014) Vol. (3) pp. 123-161.
Ph.D. Finance 2004, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
M.A. Economics 1999, Haifa University and the Technion, Israel
M.A. Statistics 1998, Haifa University, Israel
Bauer Faculty & Staff Directory
Find by Program
Find by Department
Find by Office
Find by Type
Join us on campus 7/26 for a conversation on best practices for working families. Lunch will be provided. Learn more.