Associate Professor of Marketing. Ph.D. in Management Science & M.S. in Operations Research from the University of Texas at Dallas. M.S. in Applied Mathematics from the University of Delhi. Prior to joining the faculty at the Bauer College of Business Prof. Syam spent two years at Tilburg University in the Netherlands. His research has appeared in Marketing Science and Review of Marketing Science.
- Applicaton of analytical (game theoretic) models to questions of marketing strategy
Areas of Expertise
- Game Theoretic Models of Competition
- Retail Competition
- Managerial Decision Making
- Competitive Promotions
- Niladri Syam, et al., "Putting One-to-One Marketing to Work: Personalization, Customization and Choice," Marketing Letters, 2008, Vol 19, No 3-4, 305-321.
- Niladri B. Syam, Partha Krishnamurthy, and James Hess "That's What I Thought I Wanted? Models of Miswanting and Regret of Customized Products," Marketing Science, 2008, Vol 27, No. 3, May-June, 379-397.
- Ram C. Rao and Niladri B. Syam "Equilibrium Price Communication and Unadvertised Specials by Competing Supermarkets" Marketing Science, Vol 20, No 1, Winter 2001, pp 61-81
- Niladri B. Syam and Benedict Dellaert "Consumer-Producer Interaction: A Strategic Analysis of the Market for Customized Products" Review of Marketing Science, Vol 1, Issue 1, August 2001
- Niladri B. Syam, Ranran Ruan and James Hess "Customized Products: A Competitive Analysis," Marketing Science, Vol. 24 No. 4, Fall 2005, 569-584.
- Niladri B. Syam and Nanda Kumar "On Customized Goods, Standard Goods, and Competition" Marketing Science, Vol.25, No. 5, 2006, 525-537.
- Partha Krishnamurthy, Niladri B. Syam, and Benedict Dellaert "The Impact of Customization Risk and Reward on Customization Response" Status: Under review at JMR.
- Niladri B. Syam and James Hess "Acquisition versus Retention: Competitive Customer Relationship Marketing" Status: Under review at Management Science
Ph.D. in Management Science,
University of Texas at Dallas
M.S. in Operations Research, University of Texas at Dallas
MBA in Foreign Trade, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi, India
M.S. in Applied Mathematics, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
B.S. in Applied Mathematics, University of Delhi, Delhi, India