Latha Ramchand is Dean and Professor of Finance at the C. T. Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston. Her expertise is in the areas of international and corporate finance and leadership development. She has worked to deliver programs in business development, energy education, and diversity in the workplace. She has worked with clients in industries ranging from energy and banking to business performance and human resource optimization.
Her work has been recognized through awards from the Financial Management Association. She is a recipient of the 2012 Executive MBA Mid Con Excellence Award and the UH Faculty Excellence Proclamation awarded by the Houston City Council in 1995. Prior to joining academia, Latha worked in the banking industry. She is a CFA charter holder and a member of the Houston Society for Financial Analysts.
Latha received her Ph.D. in finance from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University. She is a gold medalist in Economics from Bombay University where she graduated with a Master's degree in Economics. She has lectured at programs offered at the Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, the Indian School of Business and the University of Houston.
- International Asset Pricing Models
- Global Equity Issues
- Home Bias in Portfolio Composition
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance and Leadership
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance
- "Takeovers, Monitoring and International Corporate Governance", (with P. Kumar), forthcoming, Rand Journal of Economics
- "Coming to America: IPOs from Emerging Market Issuers", (with R. Bruner and S.Chaplinsky), Emerging Markets Review, Volume 7, Issue 3, September 2006
- "Does the method of entry matter: Evidence from Indian ADRs and GDRs", (with M.Kalimipalli), Pacific Basin Finance Journal, September 2006
- "The Underpricing of Equity IPOs that Follow Debt IPOs" (with K. Cai and A. Warga), Financial Management, 2003.
- "U.S.-Bound IPOs: Entry Costs and Market Selectivity" (with B. Robert and S. Chaplinksy), Financial Management, 2003.
- "The Impact of SEC Rule 144A on Corporate Debt Issuance by International Firms" (with S. Chaplinksy), Journal of Business
- "The Impact of Global Equity Offerings" (with S. Chaplinksy), (2000), Journal of Finance, Vol 55, pp 2767-2790.
- "Changes in systematic risk following global equity issuance" (with P. Sethapakdi), (2000), Journal of Banking and Finance, 24, pp 1491-1513.
- "Variances and Covariances of International Stock Returns: The International CAPM Revisited" (with R. Susmel) 1998, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Vol.8, No.1, pp 39-58.
- "Volatility and Cross Correlation in Global Equity Markets" (with R. Susmel) 1998, Journal of Empirical Finance, Volume 5, No.4, October 1998, pp 397-416.
- "Asset pricing in international markets in the context of agent heterogeneity and market incompleteness", forthcoming, Journal of International Money and Finance, 1999, 18, 871-890.
- "Changes in Liquidity Following Exposure to Foreign Shareholders: The Effect of Foreign Listings and Issues of American Depositary Receipts by Indian Firms" (with M. Kalimipalli), 2001, National Stock Exchange India Limited.
- "Differences in Accounting Standards and Ease of Entry into the U.S. Market: A Survey of Foreign Films Raising Equity in the U.S." (with S. Khumawalla), 2002, Public Funds Digest, Vol II, No. 1, 68-84.
- "Country Level Corruption and Frequency of Issue in th U.S. Market" (with S. Khumawalla), Journal of Public Budgeting, Accountability and Financial Management.
- No Web Site Currently
- 6335, Corporate Finance and 7360, International Finance