Department of Finance
Global Energy Management Program
Selective Freshman Admission
The Global Energy Management Institute is now offering Selective Freshman Admission to their highly competitive Global Energy Management Professional Program.
Located in Houston, Texas, the GEM Institute offers undergraduate students unprecedented exposure to all aspects of the energy industry. Upper-level coursework affords students the opportunity to take classes from energy professionals, and students are encouraged to take advantage of numerous energy-related internship opportunities in the Houston area.
The GEM Professional Program is the most powerful and comprehensive blend of technical and business skills available at the undergraduate level. Students in this program obtain a BBA in Finance with a GEM specialization.
Meant to begin at the freshman year and carry through graduation, the GEM Professional Program requires a higher level math and science core than the traditional BBA in Finance. In addition to the required business core course work, GEM-PP students take all their advanced-elective courses in energy business.
The Global Energy Management Professional Program is looking for students who:
- Have a strong background in math and science
- Are interested in majoring in business finance
- Are excited about working in the energy industry
- Desire to distinguish themselves from their peers
APPLICATION COMING SOON
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Students will receive an admissions decision within 2-4 weeks of submitting their completed application.
- Global Energy Management (GEM)
- Risk Management & Insurance Track (RMI)
- Faculty Research
- Finance Course Descriptions
- Finance Careers & Course Plans
- Latest Department News
- Program for Financial Literacy
- Finance Faculty Recruiting