Department of Accountancy & Taxation
The Bauer Professional Program in Accountancy (PPA)
Double-Counts are graduate-level courses available to PPA students. PPA students have the option to enroll in two (2) graduate courses, and if successfully completed, the courses fulfill BBA-Advanced-Electives and MSACCY-degree requirements. Enrollment in these courses is optional and requires the submission of the following materials by the appropriate deadline.
- Official GMAT report
- Proof of meeting with a consultant in the UH Writing Center to review goal statement
Double-Count Application Deadlines
To register for the GMAT, please CLICK HERE.
When taking the exam, please select school code XT1-26-67 for University of Houston
When considering the timing of the GMAT, please consider the posted deadline dates and allow at least 2 weeks from the date of completing the GMAT scores for the university to receive them.
UH Writing Center Consultation
To schedule an appointment with a consultant, click here. You may choose one of the following options:
- General Writing Consultation
- Graduate Writing Consultation (recommended)
To schedule an appointment with a consultant, click here.
If you have any concerns regarding your application materials, please discuss them with your PPA advisor.
Note that the official MSACCY application should not be submitted for the semester in which double-counts are taken but rather the semester following completion of one's bachelor's degree.
1. Do I need to submit an MSACCY application when requesting Double-Counts?
No, the MSACCY application should not be submitted for the semester in which double-counts are taken. The MSACCY application should be submitted for the semester following completion of your bachelor's degree. It is recommended to submit the application as soon as it is available for the semester following completion of your bachelor’s degree.
2. What information should be included in my goal statement?
The statement should be about 1-2 pages and should be reviewed carefully for grammatical and/or organizational errors prior to meeting with the UH Writing Center consultant. There are no specific requirements for the goal statement, but general recommendations are as follows:
- State your personal and professional goals. Explain how you developed them (using specific examples) and how being a part of MSACCY will help you reach them.
- Highlight your achievements and explain how they relate to your being an asset.
- Address any inconsistencies in your application, such as low grades or a low GMAT score. However, do not list external reasons for these weaker areas. Instead, focus on what you learned as a result of these experiences.
- State the area/track (if any) that you are interested in and why. If you’ve accepted an internship offer, mention it.
- Include why you chose UH (for both BBA and MSACCY).
3. If I am approved to take double-counts, am I admitted to the MSACCY program?
No. Approval to enroll in double-counts does not mean acceptance into the MSACCY program.
Consideration for admission to the MSACCY program requires an official application, which should be submitted for the semester following completion of your bachelor's degree.
4. Once I am approved to take the double-counts, do I enroll myself OR does my advisor process enrollment in the double-counts?
Each semester, the PPA Advisor sends an enrollment form to the PPA-Advisor listserv for students to request enrollment. Once approved, the PPA Advisor enrolls students in the double-counts.
5. Will I pay graduate tuition and fees for the double-counts?
PPA students have the advantage of paying undergraduate tuition and fees for the double-counts.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us