Department of Accountancy & Taxation
The Bauer Professional Program in Accountancy (PPA)
- Do I need to apply for MSACCY through Apply Texas in addition to submitting my materials to be considered for double-counts?
Answer: When submitting documents for the double-count application, the Apply Texas application for MSACCY is not submitted unless it is available for the semester after your BBA graduation. For example, if you want to take double-counts for fall, you do not submit the Apply Texas application for fall admission to MSACCY. However, if you are graduating with your BBA in the fall and the spring MSACCY application is available through Apply Texas, you would submit the Apply Texas application for spring.
- When should I apply for admission to MSACCY?
Answer: As soon as the application is available for the semester immediately following your BBA graduation. It is recommended that you do not wait until you have all documents complete but instead submit the Apply Texas application as soon as it is available. Normally, spring applications become available during July of the previous year, and summer and fall applications become available during August of the previous year.
- Who should write my recommendation letters?
Answer: Letters of recommendations should be written by either current or former professors* or current or former supervisors.
*Notify your PPA advisor if UH professors agree to recommend you.
- What information should be included in my goal statement?
Answer: The statement should be about 1-2 pages and should be reviewed carefully for grammatical and/or organizational errors. There are no specific requirements for the goal statement, but general recommendations are as follows:
- State your personal and professional goals. Explain how you developed them (using specific examples) and how being a part of MSACCY will help you reach them.
- Highlight your achievements and explain how they relate to your being an asset.
- Address any inconsistencies in your application, such as low grades or a low GMAT score. However, do not list external reasons for these weaker areas. Instead, focus on what you learned as a result of these experiences.
- State the area/track (if any) that you are interested in and why. If you’ve accepted an internship offer, mention it.
- Include why you chose UH (for both BBA and MSACCY).
Before submitting your statement, please do not forget to proofread it. Ask someone else to read what you’ve written, as another person is more likely to notice grammatical and/or organizational errors. You want to show the committee that you put time and effort into your statement.
If you have any concerns regarding your application materials, please discuss them with your PPA advisor.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Ph.D. Accounting
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us