Department of Accountancy & Taxation
Internship Course Completion Requirements
Students should be registered for the Internship Course before completing the following requirements.
Internship Agreement Form
Prior to the beginning of your internship the student and employing firm must complete and sign the Internship Agreement Form. The Internship Agreement Form provides the following information (all of the forms mentioned below may be obtained by contacting the Internship Coordinator in the Professional Accounting Programs Office):
The student is responsible for informing the employing firm of the following information they are required to provide to the student, so that the student may receive internship course credit.
- The student and employing firm must complete and sign the Agreement Form.
- The employing firm must complete a written evaluation of the student at the conclusion of the internship (the student may use the Employer Evaluation Form included in the packet or turn in an evaluation provided by the firm).
- The employing firm must complete a letter on company letterhead describing the duties performed by the student, the supervision of the student and the name and contact information of the (or one of the) student’s supervisor(s).
The student must complete the following requirements to receive internship course credit.
- Complete a diary comprising a chronological list of all work experience gained in the internship (See Addendum). This must be typed; no handwritten journals.
- Write a 1,500 word paper (approximately four to five pages). The paper should be divided into the following headings:
- Description of the nature of your internship and the associated duties
- Discussion of the knowledge gained in the internship
- How you plan to utilize the skills you gained in future employment
- Complete the Student Evaluation Form provided in the packet.
- Complete the Internship Feedback Form.
- Maintain records of all of the previously listed documentation and provide it to the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy upon request.
Note: All of the following materials should be submitted no later than the official UH last day of class; earlier if so specified.
Mail or Drop off to the Faculty Internship Advisor or program office (PPA or MS Accountancy):
- Internship Agreement Form (should be dated within two weeks of the internship start date)
- A letter on company letterhead describing the duties performed by the student, supervision of the student and the name and contact information of the student’s supervisor.
- Employer Evaluation
- Student Evaluation
- Daily Diary
- Paper (approximately 1,500 words)
- Internship Feedback Form
Important: You must register for internship credit prior to performing the internship. Credit may not be received ex post facto. You must retain a copy of each item for your personal records and provide evidence of all items if requested by the TSBPA. Failure to comply with any condition will result in you withdrawal from the course without a refund.
Mailing Address: Please mail completed internship packets to your respective program.PPA Office
attn: Dr. Michael Newman
Accounting and Taxation
390 Melcher Hall
Houston, TX 77204-6021
Email Address: email@example.com
Fax Number: 713-743-4828
Please remember to write a thank you letter to your internship employer upon completion of the internship.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Ph.D. Accounting
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us