Department of Accountancy & Taxation
|Fall Session||June 1st||May 1st|
|Spring Session||November 15th||October 1st|
|Summer Session||March 1st||March 1st|
NOTE: Applications are not complete until all required materials are received, including receipt of official test scores. All application documents must be received by the appropriate deadline date and only complete applications will be reviewed for admission.
Please submit all materials when available; it is not necessary to wait until a complete application is compiled to commence the application process.
Online Electronic Document Submission System
MSACCY Admissions is going green beginning with the Spring 2012 admissions cycle. To submit your goals statement, resume and any miscellaneous items electronically, please visit: https://www.bauer.uh.edu/MSACCYSubmission/
Materials being submitted by the Electronic Document Submission System:
*Please only submit the following documents when using the electronic document submission system.
- Goal Statements
- Miscellaneous Documents
*Please do not submit the following official documents when using the electronic document submission system, because they will not be considered official.
- Letters of Recommendation
- International Admissions Forms
Materials being submitted by mail should be sent to:Department of Accountancy & Taxation
C. T. Bauer College of Business
304 University Classroom and Business Building
Houston, TX 77204-6021
The Apply Texas application can be submitted online at Apply Texas.
University of Houston - Main Campus
Applicants must submit non-refundable application fee(s) via credit card, personal U.S. check or money order payable to the University of Houston. NO CASH will be accepted.
- C.T. Bauer College of Business application fee of $75
- UH Office of International Admissions has an additional $75 fee for International Applications. This fee is required for all International Applicants.
An official copy of transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions (including community colleges) previously attended. These transcripts, indicating degrees awarded, if appropriate, should be received by the application deadline. Electronically-transmitted transcripts will facilitate the process, if that option is available from your institution. If not, an official copy from each institution must be sent to the Department of Accountancy and Taxation in an official sealed envelope.
For international transcripts, we will need official transcripts in the original language, an official English translation of the transcripts if applicable, an official degree diploma, and an official English translation of the degree diploma if applicable. If you are only able to obtain one official copy of your transcripts, you can take the originals back to the school and ask the registrar to certify a copy for you, or you can take the original transcripts to the University of Houston’s Office of Admission where they can certify a copy of the transcript.
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
An official GMAT score should be on record with the University of Houston by the appropriate deadline date. Scores are sent automatically by the Educational Testing Service to the University of Houston about two to four weeks after the test date, if requested by the student at the time of the test.
If you did not request that your score be sent to UH go to www.mba.com – official GMAT web site and request that an official score report be sent to the university by the application deadline. Our school code for GMAT scores is XT1-26-67. GMAT scores may not be more than five years old.
Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
Goals statements are typically 1-2 pages and cover information such as but not limited to:
- Why an applicant is interested in earning a Master of Science in Accountancy degree
- What area of accounting the applicant is interested in
- Professional Goals
- Why an applicant is interested in pursuing a graduate degree at the University of Houston
- Any additional information the committee should know
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's likelihood of success in the program must be submitted, preferably from supervisors or professors who have direct knowledge of the applicant.
These letters should be on letterhead and must be signed.
The methods of delivery for letters of recommendations are as follows:
- E-mailed to email@example.com from the person writing the reference, using an official work e-mail address (no yahoo, aol, etc.) with contact information in case the review committee requires additional information
- Mailed directly to the MSACCY Admissions Advisor from the person writing the reference in a sealed envelope with their signature across the back flap
- Delivered by the applicant in a sealed envelope, with the signature of the person who wrote the letter across the back flap
Current UH accounting students please note that not all of the methods of delivery for letters of recommendation listed above apply to UH accounting professors.
English Language Requirement
Potentially applies to applicants who have completed international education.
The options to meet this requirement are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
To determine if you are exempt from taking TOEFL/IELTS or to view the University of Houston’s minimum score requirements, please visit the TOEFL/IELTS Exemptions & Requirements web page.
International applicants who need an I-20 are required to submit additional documents such as the Letter of Financial Backing and International Address forms.
Please visit the Office of International Admissions’ website.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Ph.D. Accounting
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us