South Africa Study Abroad
May 31 - June 18, 2013*
Join us in this distinctive program, as Global Studies travels to South Africa.
This trip is designed to allow students to learn about economic, cultural, and political transformations in South Africa. Students will see first-hand the different stage of development that characterizes the region.
The program is open to all University of Houston undergraduate students.
Top 10 Reasons:
- Take credit courses outside of the conventional classroom.
- Fulfill up to two of your INTB courses or other requirements.
- Qualified Guide with you full time while in Johannesburg.
- Lodging at Johannesburg Airport Grand Hotel, Tremisana Lodge, and Cape Town’s Dale Court Guest Houses.*
- Facilitate academic discussion on global issues with college students in South Africa.
- Earn scholarship money specifically for your study abroad.
- Explore the Global Cities in South Africa, including Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- Examine the historical and cultural contributions of Soweto, and the natural beauty of Table Mountain and Kruger National Park.
- Participate in purposeful service projects that you will remember for the rest of your life.
- Acquire a first-hand understanding of the business, cultural, and political climates of South Africa.
- Safari at Tremisana Lodge with Rural Service Project
- Cape Town and Township Tour
- Olive Leaf Foundation Volunteer Project
- BUSH Radio
- Robben Island
- Table Mountain
*The precise dates depend upon enrollment and available flights, although the trip will be three weeks in duration and will leave the last week of May 2013. Itinerary items and cities may alter slightly or in a different order.
Dr. Nicholas P. Cox
Phone: (713) 743-5316