Reserving a Space for the Trip
Please send an email directly to Dr. Abigail Hubbard,informing her of your intent to participate.We take 24 students to Chile; the first 24 to pay deposits secure spaces. Until the end of June, all that is required to secure a space is an email telling me of your intent. By the end of June, I will email all students on the signup list and inform them of schedules and deadlines for paperwork and payments.
Forms that are required by UH Risk Management will be provided to students as soon as they are available. Please DO NOT complete paperwork until you are asked to do so. Forms may change.
The trip is only open to graduate students.
- Submit all documents, IN ORDER as listed below, as one scanned .pdf file. If you do not have access to a scanner, you may submit hard copy to Dr. Hubbard.
- Chile Cover Page must be the first page of your packet of forms. Submit all paperwork in the order indicated on this checklist. View Chile Cover Page.
- OISP Study abroad online application form. Visit http://uh.edu/studyabroad/application/initial.php. Print a copy of the form before you submit it on-line.
- Study Abroad Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement. Read the release and waiver agreement at http://uh.edu/studyabroad/Release%20and%20Waiver.pdf. Then fill out and sign the form available here: http://uh.edu/studyabroad/release.doc. (This Form Must Be Notorized)
- Form A-1: Health Disclosure and Medical History. Form is available here: http://uh.edu/studyabroad/HEALTH%20Disclosure.doc. You must have health insurance that covers travel abroad to participate.
- Form S-2: Student Conduct Agreement Form. Sign and date.
- Form S-3: Waiver & Release for Traveling Independently of Group. Sign and date. This form is required because we are traveling independently to and from Chile.
- Photocopy of your passport. Passport must be valid and not expire within 6 months of travel.
- State Department registration form. Print copy before you submit the form at the Travel Registration web site (Travel.State.Gov).
- Copy of ISIC Card (obtain at Student center or online at http://www.statravel.com/cps/rde/xchg/us_division_web_live/hs.xsl/student-discount-card.htm).
- Non-refundable deposit of $300 will be collected through PeopleSoft. Once paperwork is submitted, fee statements will be generated. You will be notified of the fee bill by Dr. Hubbard and will have five days to pay the deposit after that date, or relinquish your reserved space.