RESERVING A SPOT FOR THE TRIP
Students: Program is now open for sign-ups
To participate in the trip, send Dr. Werner (firstname.lastname@example.org) an email requesting a spot in the program. Please include your PeopleSoft number in this email. Dr. Werner will email you a confirmation of your reservation if spots are available. You then have 5 business days to submit the materials listed below to Dr. Werner (or the office manager) in 315G Melcher Hall to secure the reserved spot. If Dr. Werner does not receive the sign-up materials within 5 business days your reservation will be lost and your spot will be opened up to other students.
Upon receipt of all completed sign up materials a non-refundable $300 deposit fee will be charged to the student's account within 14 days. Students are accepted into the program upon payment of the deposit fee.
The trip is only open to graduate students. Please ensure you have carefully read the entire Berlin Study Abroad Web Site and the Course Syllabi (MANA 7346: Global HRM,MANA 7397: Positive Leadership in a Global Context) before signing up.
To secure your space in the trip, students must submit the following materials to Dr. Werner in 315G within 5 business days of reserving a spot. Please note that some of the materials must be notarized:
- Submit completed form with all materials. View Berlin Cover Page.
- OISP Study abroad online application form. Visit http://uh.edu/studyabroad/application/initial.php. Print a copy of the form before you submit it on-line.
- Study Abroad Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement. Read the release and waiver agreement at http://uh.edu/studyabroad/Release%20and%20Waiver.pdf . Then fill out and sign the form available here: http://uh.edu/studyabroad/release.doc.(This Form Must Be Notarized)
- Form A-1: Health Disclosure and Medical History. Form is available here: http://uh.edu/studyabroad/HEALTH%20Disclosure.doc. You must have health insurance that covers travel abroad to participate.
- Form S-2: Student Conduct Agreement Form. Sign and date.
- Form S-3: Waiver & Release for Traveling Independently of Group. Sign and date. This form is required because we are traveling independently to and from Germany.
- Photocopy of your passport or passport application. Passport must be valid and not expire within 6 months of travel.
- State Department registration form. Print copy before you submit the form at the Travel Registration web site (Travel.State.Gov).
- Copy of ISIC card. (Available at UC Business Office or online; cost = $25; available at OISP; cost = $50 [price includes notarization of forms and passport photo]).
Hard copies of these forms may be turned in to Dr. Werner, or students may email them as one .pdf file to Dr. Steve Werner.
Study Abroad Programs
Dr. Werner will send you an email confirming that your reservation and later, all sign-up materials were received.
Payment of the deposit fee will finalize a spot for the student in the program.