Rockwell Career Center
Information Tables / Information Sessions
Employers may elect to sponsor receptions, information sessions or have a table in our lobby prior to their interview dates. Receptions and information sessions are usually scheduled Monday-Thursday between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. and last from one to two hours. Information tables are usually scheduled Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and are highly recommended over information sessions.
Refreshments such as sodas, cookies, pizza and hors d’oeuvres may be provided at the discretion of the employer. You may reserve a reception room at the University Center, University Hilton, or Cemo Hall/Melcher Hall (College of Business) at the same time you set up your interview date. The room sizes range from a capacity of 14 people to 800 people. To reserve a room in Melcher Hall/Cemo Hall, please call our office at 832-842-6120 or contact your Recruiting Manager directly.
If you are not seeking business majors or would prefer to conduct your information session outside of the Bauer College (Cemo Hall/Melcher Hall), please contact:
UH University Center, 713-743-5287
UH Hilton, 713-743-2500
Information sessions may be reserved by completing the appropriate ‘Request New Info Session/Info Table/Site Visit’ in the Bauer Career Gateway system. In addition, we encourage you to work with our office at least three to five weeks in advance of your proposed date to find creative ways to help you reach your target audience.
We are located on 2nd floor of Cemo Hall. Parking available at East Parking Garage. For Parking directions please view our parking map or directional video displayed below.
2nd floor of Cemo Hall
The University of Houston
Houston , TX 77204-6021
More Information about Parking and Locating Our Building and Campus
Please note the instructions below to park at either of the two parking garages that are near our office:
New East Parking Garage
- Take I-45 South (Downtown):
- Take the Cullen exit
- Stay on the I-45 south feeder road
- Once you cross over Elgin, continue going straight. You will see the East Parking Garage up on your right.
- Make a right into the first inlet by the New East Parking Garage and then a sharp left
- The entry to the New East Parking Garage is on your right before you reach the stop sign
- Please take a ticket from the ticket booth and pull forward to park on the first level
*You may pay for your parking at the designated kiosk located on the first floor in the New East Parking Garage.
Welcome Center Parking Garage
- Take I-45 south to Spur 5.
- Take the access road to the first light, which is University Drive. Take a right on University.
- Stay in the left-hand lane and make a left onto Calhoun. Immediately to the right, you will see the entrance (http://www.uh.edu/plantops/pts/pts.html).
- Park in the parking garage and hold on to your parking ticket as you will need your parking ticket to exit the garage at the end of the day.
- For exiting the parking garage, you can pay as you exit with a credit card, or you can pay inside with cash.
C. T. Bauer College of Business Buildings
Melcher Hall is the black glass building that is due north from the Welcome Center Parking Garage. The main entrance faces Calhoun. Once you go in, you'll see a wall of tv screens. Your table will be reserved for you in advance with your Company Name and will be located in the lobby area of Melcher Hall.
Cemo Hall is directly behind Melcher Hall. Our office is located on the 2nd floor of Cemo Hall. You are more than welcome to go directly to the location of your information session / information table but you may also 'check-in' with us beforehand if you would like. However, your table will be reserved for you in advance with your Company Name and will be located in the lobby area of Melcher Hall.
NOTE: * If you’re unable to find parking in both garages, please stop at the Visitor Information Booth located on University Drive. Please provide your name to the attendant and he/she will provide you with a token and day pass to enter the gated lot located directly in front of Melcher Hall.
- Business Career Fairs
- News & Events
- About RCC
- Contact Us
Follow the RCC:
Walk In Hours
|BBA & MSACCY Counseling||Mon. 3 – 4 p.m.|
|Tues. 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.|
|Wed. & Thurs. 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.|