Rockwell Career Center
GENB 3302: “Connecting Bauer to Business”
Jumpstart Your Career!
- What are my options?
- Who will hire me?
- What am I good at?
- Do I have a professional network
This course is unique to the Bauer College of Business, exploring the programs offered at the Bauer College and how they relate to careers in business
Course Goals : Introduce students to business careers and job search skills. By the end of the course students should be able to answer these key questions:
- How do I fit into the world of business?
- Where do I want to go with my career?
- How do I get there?
- Unique Opportunity: Students will learn from top corporate recruiters of the Bauer College of Business who will present “the real world of business.” To supplement the in-class discussions, students will complete individual and team readings, projects and presentations outside of class to further explore and understand these issues. Students will also practice business communication skills to help them be more successful in the corporate world.
- Unique Teaching Method: The course is taught as a hybrid course online and once a week in-class sessions, plus “labs” that include speaker series, career panels, and workshops by industry leaders. The course incorporates an online business game that recently was awarded an International Summit Creative Award Silver Medal.
NOTE: GENB 2301 is a required course for the BBA degree at the Bauer College of Business, University of Houston for new pre-business students starting Fall 2007. It is open to all students who have completed the prerequisite of freshman English.
For more information, contact Mariella de Alba, Career Development Curriculum Manager, at email@example.com
- News & Events
- About RCC
- Contact Us
Follow the RCC:
Walk In Hours
|BBA & MSACCY Counseling||Mon. 3 – 4 p.m.|
|Tues. 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.|
|Wed. & Thurs. 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
Join us on campus 7/26 for a conversation on best practices for working families. Lunch will be provided. Learn more.