Dr. Muslu is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at the C. T. Bauer College of Business since September 2012. Prior to joining the University of Houston, he was an assistant professor at the University of Texas at Dallas, where he taught various financial accounting classes. Dr. Muslu received his Ph. D. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in September 2005.
- Capital market-based accounting research
- Corporate governance
- Voluntary disclosures
- Financial intermediaries
Areas of Expertise
- Financial accounting
- Muslu, V., and Y. Xue. 2013. "Analysts' Momentum Recommendations." Journal of Business, Finance, and Accounting 40: 438-469.
- Kravet, T., and V. Muslu. 2013. "Informativeness of Risk Disclosures in Corporate Annual Reports." Review of Accounting Studies, December forthcoming.
- Ertimur, Y., V. Muslu, and F. Zhang. 2011. "Why are Recommendations Optimistic? Evidence from Analysts' Coverage Initiations." Review of Accounting Studies 16:679-718.
- Ertimur, Y., F. Ferri, and V. Muslu. 2011. "Shareholder Activism and CEO Pay." Review of Financial Studies 24:535-92.
- Muslu, V. 2011. "Book Review: The Timing of Income Recognition in Tax Law and the Time Value of Money" European Accounting Review 20:595-98.
- Hugon, A., and V. Muslu. 2010. "Market Demand for Conservative Analysts." Journal of Accounting and Economics 50:42-57.
- Muslu, V. 2010. "Executive Directors, Pay Disclosures and Incentive Compensation in Large European Companies." Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance 25:569-605.
Academic Associations & Editorial Boards
- American Accounting Association
- European Accounting Association
- American Finance Association