Pooya is pursuing his doctoral studies in the Management Department at the University of Houston. Pooya's main research interests include behavioral decision making, strategic decision making, and decision support systems.
Prior to joining the Ph.D. program at Bauer, Pooya completed his M.S. in Industrial Engineering at the University of Houston. His Master's Thesis was in the area of decision support models for heart failure prediction.
Pooya has B.S. in Industrial Engineering with minor in industrial technology from Isfahan University of Technology (IUT).
Before starting his graduate studies, Pooya had internship and part-time job assignments in manufacturing and business consulting firms.
- Behavioral Decision Making
- Strategic Decision Making
- Decision Support Systems
- Tabesh P., Tabesh, P. (2013). General Risk Propensity, General Risk Perception, and the Framing Effect in Medical Decision Making. At Academy of Management Annual Conference. Orlando, Florida.
- Tabesh P., Miller C. (2013). Paradoxes of Rational Choice in Strategic Decision Making Processes. At Strategic Management Society (SMS) Conference. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Tabesh, P., Lim, G., Khator, S., Dacso,C. (2010). A Support Vector Machine Approach for Predicting Heart Conditions, IIE Annual Conference. Proceedings. Institute of Industrial Engineers, Inc. (IIE), Cancun, Mexico.
- Tabesh, P., Hajbagheri, M. (2007) Cultural Factors Affecting an Organizational Assessment, Proceedings of the National Business Excellence Conference, Isfahan, Iran.
Academic Associations & Editorial BoardsMembership in professional Institutions:
* Academy of Management Association
* Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
* Alpha Pi Mu: Industrial Engineering Honor Society
- No Web Site Currently
Industrial Engineering, University of Houston, 2009
Industrial Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, 2007