Nisan Langberg joined the Bauer School of Business at the University of Houston after receiving his Ph.D. from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in 2004. Professor Langberg's research interests include Investment, Corporate Governance, Corporate Fraud, Managerial Compensation, Corporate Disclosure, and Security Design. Nisan has taught courses in corporate finance, at undergraduate, MBA, and graduate levels. Professor Langberg's research has been published by the Rand Journal of Economics, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Financial Intermediation, among others.
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Fraud
- Managerial Compensation
- Corporate Disclosure
- Security Design
- Langberg, Nisan and K. Sivaramakrishnan. "Voluntary Disclosures and Information Production by Analysts." Journal of Accounting and Economics (2008).
- Langberg, Nisan. "Optimal Financing for Growth Firms." Journal of Financial Intermediation (2008) Vol. 17, pp. 379-406.
- Kumar, Praveen and Nisan Langberg. "Corporate Fraud and Overinvestment in Efficient Capital Markets." RAND Journal of Economics (2009) Vol. 40(1), pp. 144-172.
- Langberg, Nisan and K. Sivaramakrishnan. "Voluntary Disclosures and Analyst Feedback," Journal of Accounting Research (2010) Vol. 48(3), pp. 603-646.
- Kumar, Praveen, Nisan Langberg, and K. Sivaramakrishnan. "Voluntary Disclosures, Corporate Control, and Investment," Journal of Accounting Research (forthcoming).